WARNING! NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES! Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Speculation
Hello brawlers! Today is an awesome segment on one of the greatest fighting game franchises in fighting game history (totally opinionated obviously). That’s right! It’s time for some Super Smash Bros.! We are going to look at who has come back for the brawling, who got their invitation to the fight, and who we would like to see return and get an invitation!
The Super Smash Bros. franchise has been around for about 14 years, being first released on the Nintendo 64. Having a large clash of Nintendo’s greatest characters! Mario, Samus, Link, Kirby, Pikachu and many more have joined the fight. The latest titles, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS are bringing all new graphics, characters, features and an all new platform to play in the 3DS.
So lets take a look at some of the classic characters that we will be confirmed to see:
– Mario: Mario has been a Smash Bro. since the franchise began, being one of the characters to adorn the N64’s box for their first game. He is also one of Nintendo’s first ever characters, skyrocketing the company as a timeless favorite.
– Luigi: The tall, awkward brother to Mario, Luigi was first introduced to the Smash Bros. universe in the original Super Smash Bros. as an unlock-able character.
– Link: The elf warrior of Hyrule, Link originated from The Legend of Zelda series. Link was another of the original Super Smash Bros. to dawn the cartridge package.
– Pikachu: The iconic pocket monster for the Pokemon Company, Pikachu is another veteran fighter in the smash bros. series. He holds the title of being a brawler on the original Smash Bros. box.
– Samas Aran: This feme-fatal is a bounty hunter in the Metroid series. Samus stands side by side with Mario and friends as a veteran from the first Smash Bros. game.
– Bowser: Making his first debut in the Nintendo Game Cube title Super Smash Bros. Melee, Bowser fights just like you think he would: heavy, hard and rather slow. Being one of the strongest characters in the game next to Ganondorf. Bowser after his arrival has stuck with the series strong.
– Fox McCloud: Another of the 8 original characters from the first Super Smash Bros. Fox is the star of the Star Fox series. His cohort Falco was introduced later in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
– Kirby: The little pink ball with a bottomless stomach joined the roster of fighters in the original Smash Bros. game. Kirby first came from a self titled series where he fought the evil King Dedede
– Donkey Kong (D.K.)- This stylish primate joined Mario at the beginnings of Nintendo, tossing barrels down pipelines as Mario ascended the constructs in hopes of rescuing the princes. A veteran fighter who joined the Smash Bros. from day 1, he was apart of the original 8 starting characters.
– Peach: Princess Toadstool as the Mushroom kingdom knows her as is the damsel in distress of the Mario universe. She joins the Smash Bros. in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
– Pit: The star of the Kid Icarus series for the original Nintendo system, Pit joined the Smash Bros. in the Wii title Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
– Olimar and Pikmin: This tiny space traveler and his odd companions flew in from the Pikmin series from the Nintendo Game Cube. They joined the brawl in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
– Toon Link: The windwaker himself, Toon Link joined the fight when Super Smash Bros Brawl came out for the Wii. He first made his video game debut in the Legend of Zelda series in the title Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.
– Sonic: A sega classic, Sonic joined Nintendo when Sega bought the exclusive rights to his character. He took the stage with the other brawlers in the Wii title Super Smash Bros Brawl.
A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES
Thats right! Mega-Man joins the fight in the upcoming Wii U and 3DS title! Using the powers he has acquired from his fallen enemies, Mega-Man will bring a new intensity to the fields of battle.
An interesting addition to the roster of Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS. She uses the techniques she taught you to shed those pounds to smash the competition!
From the peaceful world of Animal Crossing, the Villager receives his invitation to the brawl! An almost creepy addition, he will catch you with his net, chop you down with his ax and bury you with his shovel of doom!
So now that we know who is confirmed to be in the newest installations roster, lets talk about who we would like to see return and who we would like to see make an appearance!
WrmH0l3’s Returners and New Comers list:
– Pokemon Trainer: I personally loved playing as the Pokemon Trainer! (If my obsession of Pokemon wasn’t an indication) You got to use his Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard to fight your opponent. Swapping between each at any time in the game. He would make a great returning character, maybe with a new line of Pokemon to fight with!
– Meta Knight: An absolutely broken fighter from Super SMash Bros. Brawl. Meta Knight was a villian in the Kirby series. Being excessivly strong, fast and nimble he was the ultimate fighter! Why not bring him back on, am I right?!
– Mr. Game & Watch: A very obscure and interesting character. Mr. Game & Watch was a highly enjoyable character to fight as. I mean come on he threw greasy hot bacon at his opponents.
– Majora: The final boss in The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask would make an interesting character to fight as. Given he has these long weird tentacles and looks like he fell out of a scary Japanese manga, He could be a swift and ranged hitter compared to Ganondorf’s slow but heavy hitting battle tactics.
– Goku: An all time favorite character form the Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT series’; albeit not a Nintendo character, but we are thinking outside of the box here for anyone that would be awesome to see. And lets face it, who wouldn’t want to kick Mario’s ass as a Super Saiyan.
– Blade Master Alastor: The arch-rival to Viewtiful Joe, Blade Master would make for an intense fighter, along the leagues of Link and Meta Knight with swift attacks and serious combos.
– Eddie Riggs: The old-fashioned metal head from the under-rated title Brütal Legend starred by Jack Black. This rocker would light the stages with kick-ass solos and mayhem. Playing killer riffs that do powerful ranged damage, his guitar and metal studs would slow him down a good deal however.
– Spyro the Dragon/ Crash Bandicoot: These two sluggers were the biggest part of my early gaming career. They definitely deserve some time on the field. Crash with his crazy Wumpa Fruit Launcher and spinning attacks. Then the teenage dragon using his combat skills, fire and Sparks the Dragonfly to fight.
– Amaterasu: The dog-god of japanese mythology and the main character in the Okami series, Amaterasu would certainly spice up the roster of Super Smash Bros. Using her godly brush to paint hazards for her opponents in the name of saving the innocent!
These are just a few of the characters I can name that would be awesome to have in such a popular fighting game such as Super Smash Bros. But, that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for more! Let me know what characters you would like to see in the comments or on Twitter @connorhead2. Until next time!
Stay Calm and Brawl!